Saturday, September 23, 2017

Bloggers' Quilt Festival (#2 Tranquility)

I posted this tee-shirt memory quilt in the Bloggers' Quilt Festival at Amy's Creative Side. At the time I was thinking that I needed to post a recent quilt. Geez, you'd think I could think. Nope.

So anyway, choosing a second quilt was a little difficult. I like every one I make. Some more than others, of course. Tranquility is one of those more-than-others quilt. 



Lots of things about the quilt surprised me: the lime green worked, the background that looks different from my expectations, and my crazy, changing quilting motifs. Some of the motifs I came up with on the fly, right out of my own little head! 






All of it works so well, it's startling. I've promised myself I'll make another of these. (Maybe I should display it so I don't forget.) You can read more about Tranquility here.

    

Quilt Stats

Name:
 Tranquility

Size:
 55 X 60 

Fabrics:
 Scrap fabrics from stash

Background:
 Kona taupe + various scraps

Binding:
 Kona bison

Pattern:
 Improv blocks

Quilting:
 Custom free motion

Pop over to Amy's quilt festival. It's amazing how many beautiful quilts there are. The inspiration!

http://www.amyscreativeside.com/2017/09/18/bloggers-quilt-festival-fall-2017-edition/

7 comments:

Julie said...

I like this quilt. I like the randomness of the your green slash fabric, but the rectangles that continue in the background. The blocks float, and you've even done fade out blocks with improv. Very cool idea! I have to say it reminds me distinctly of when the kids were little at Halloween, and they would flatten out the candy wrappers after eating them. Bright colors and of course, Hershey's chocolate which draws me to your dark brown, Sugar Babies yellow, and so on.

We all see and feel different things in our work, but I'm glad this one spoke to you. It has a good feel to me, too.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I look beyond the tranquility to see a fun and funky modern improv quilt. LOVE it!!! (It MIGHT have something to do with the inclusion of lime green, but I really couldn't say.)

Tu-Na Quilts said...

I like this quilt because there's so much to see. One could look at it for hours and see something new. Great colors!

Karen S said...

This is a lovely choice for the festival. It has many great fabrics which you have used so well in your design.

Kaja said...

My favourite bit of this is your quilting - I love all the different motifs. I like the colours too - love restful tones with just a ping of the lime green. Thanks for linking it up with AHIQ.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I love the pops of that fabulous green! I am not sure if I would have thought of that. I would like to think I would have, but in all honestly, I don't think I would have.....but I am glad you did!

Ann said...

I remember when you started working on this one but hadn't seen the finish. It's lovely. You're right; the background has completely changed the quilt. I like all your shades of taupe and white, the way you added prints with solids, and your fearlessness in slashing your blocks to add the green. Congratulations. Thanks for linking with AHIQ.