Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Old Man River Quilt Show ~~ Natchez, MS

Last week I had the opportunity to attend the Natchez Quilt Show with a van of very funny ladies. Most of the "Busy Bees" are from the Fifth Ward area of our parish, but because they could not fill all of the seats on the van, they invited members of my quilt guild. Rather than drive as we did last year, Pam and I decided to take the van. 



We arrived early which gave us several hours to spend at the show; then we went to a sweet little quilt shop. More on that and more pictures from the show later in the week (I took well over 100) So I'm going to share a few of my favorites with you tonight and come back to them when I can finish the editing.





I brought a book along to read during the drive thinking that because I knew so few people, I wouldn't chat very much. Well, I didn't get much reading done. I was having too much fun talking and laughing. I took the opportunity to make some like-minded friends. I'm fairly sure I'll see them again, perhaps on a bus or van heading to a quilt show.









Here's hoping that you enjoyed my little quilt show. There were at least 100 or so quilts and I wanted to really look at a few. I took detailed pictures of some, but mostly I walked slowly and appreciated the beautiful work. Talk about inspired! I just wish I could do some of this work. 




Two things left: don't forget the poor people who are dealing with the flooding along the Gulf Coast. The rains continue and more people are being displaced. It's a horrible situation for tens of thousands of people.



Lastly, come back in a few days for more of these gorgeous quilts. Before going, do me the favor of telling me which was the last quilt show you attended and where it was. If you wrote about it on a post, feel free to include the link--I'd love to run over and have a look. Thanks y'all!

1 comment:

Preeti said...

So much eye candy. Thanks for sharing!!!