Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Home from the West

Four Corners Monument (Google Maps screen capture)
Our whirlwind tour of the Great Northwest ended on Saturday as we pulled into the driveway.  The real end came on Thursday afternoon, however. We were driving through the Navajo Nation Reservation and made a quick stop at Four Corners, which is the only place in the U.S. where four states meet: Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico. We took a quick picture, did a little shopping at the craft booths and were off again.


Richard and I standing on the marker

As we continued the drive, we decided that we'd had enough. Of course, we both had known it for a few days. There comes a point when we just get enough of the traveling. Richard does not know how to unwind. He is a mover. Always doing something. 

It's the reason that I don't have to drive. He can't sit in the passenger seat because he has nothing to do. I entertain myself but his interests are not as easily adapted to sitting. Woodworking, mechanical interests, and fence-building do not travel well. I tried to drive a couple of hours on Friday, but he was miserable and so was I. Lesson learned, again. 


Today was almost as busy as vacation: I had a doctor's appointment, a guild meeting, and new prescriptions to fill. 

All is well and I enjoyed the meeting very much. Brenda, one of our members, demonstrated how to decoupage fabric on almost anything. How about her adorable frog planter? Isn't this fun?



Only two of us had something to share but look at these pretty quilt tops. They are ready to go to the long-arm quilter. I really like the pattern on this pink one. It may have to go on the to-do list. Ha! I was the other person to share, but you'll have to wait for that because I haven't taken pictures. 


I did, however, take a picture of cute Miss Milly. Goodness she grew in one little short month. 

So how are things with you? Are you keeping up or have you fallen behind as badly as I have? We'll catch up again, right? 

2 comments:

Karen S said...

Looks like you have had a wonderful time away. It is surprising how busy it can be when you get back, especially the cleaning and washing!!
Enjoy catching up with everyone.

Kaja said...

Welcome back! I don't drive either, for similar reasons. And I find if he has nothing to occupy himself he starts commenting on my driving - not the way to go!