Thursday, March 2, 2017

Pin It Weekly #194

I recently made an interesting discovery. As a result, I've been burying myself in embossed metal art--beautiful, intricate, intriguing. Some, I've noticed, could easily become quilting motifs.

5eb4ab4a00a17476ed1010a1d8166272.jpg (736×671):

Razão de viver....:

Embossed metal is lightly washed with brown stain to capture the look of antiquity. Metal frame; distressed, brown painted finish. Set of 4, as shown; 17 3/4" sq. x 1 1/4" thick.:

 :

Virgen de Coromoto, Repujado en metal, pintura al Oleo:


The few minutes that I haven't been sewing or pinning embossed metals, I have been thinking about an idea I have for a cloche hat. I've wanted one for a while now but don't have a pattern.  I guess if I look at enough hats, I'll be able to create my own pattern. Why not?

Antique Flapper Cloche Hat Silk Velvet Ribbon Trim Stamen Lilac Pink Millinery:

>I was watching ‘Changling’ on HBO last night. Yes, it’s a somewhat depressing movie. But I have to say that Angelina Jolie looks stunning in her cloche hats and bright red lip…:

Women's Romantic Gatsby Cloche Hat 1920's Style Hat by BuyGail, $145.00:

1930's Style Cloche Hat Pattern by DLDesignsHatPatterns on Etsy:

Flapper Style Cloche 1920s Hat Black Linen Eleanor Spring Hats Summer Hats Black Sunhats Hydrangeas Women's Bucket Hat Eleanor Handmade in the USA

I hope you are having a great week, even though it's very close to the end. I have only two days of word because of the Mardi Gras holiday and as of right now, one is complete. That means Friday to go before another three-day weekend. Yes, (hehe) I'm enjoying my week. 
#fleurdelisquiltsonpinterest

2 comments:

Kaja said...

The green hat, I want the green hat!

Mary Marcotte said...

I know! I love them all, but the first is my favorite. Now if I could just find a pattern. I very much want to try an idea: quilt a large solid and use it to make a cloche hat. I think the batting would give it shape and the quilting would add texture. I just haven't found a pattern that I think would work.