Friday, March 17, 2017

Moana costume reveal ~~ finish

Image result for Disney MoanaIn case you haven't heard, Moana is Disney's latest movie. I haven't seen it (although it's played in my house many times in the last week) so my knowledge is limited to this: It's about a Hawaiian girl. She's named Moana. 

Today she had a costume fail malfunction, and I fixed her top so that her upper half is not exposed. 

Here's the backstory: Jenny ran to Walmart for a few things this morning and, as she has only one child, she looked for a surprise for Marley. Lo and behold, there was a Moana costume. Even better: one size fits all! And on sale! It was meant to be. 

It turns out that one size does not fit everyone. The entire costume was too loose. But the top? Wow, the top was loose. Really loose. 

How about matching those fabrics?
 Grandmay to the rescue. I dug around in the oranges to find fabric that might work with the original color. Whip up a strap and done!  Okay, it did take a few several minutes to turn the narrow tube right side out. But I prevailed, stitched the straps on and helped Marley get in. I decided to make a halter-type strap because they remind me of the 70's halter tops we wore to the beach. Perfect, right?


Nothing exposed and no one spoiled...

Tiny finish though it is, linking up with 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cutiepie. I bet she keeps you busy making things!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Awww, she looks so cute in her costume! Great fix!!!

Karen S said...

How gorgeous. Glad you were able to help and I am sure it was appreciated.

grammajudyb said...

Good job, Grandma! You saved the day!